Somebody The most famous dishes of Spanish gastronomy paella is the protagonist of our summer tables. this is great the dish is very economical and easy to prepare, So you can feed a lot of people for very little money.
Paella is a summer star dish used to bring family and friends together at the same table. However, if you want to be really successful in taste, you should not miss our little tips.
The base of well-cooked rice and the characteristic flavor of all the ingredients in the same paella pan are achieved thanks to sofrito. In this article we will give you all the instructions for making scandalous sauce.
origin of paella
Paella is the best known Spanish dish worldwide. Actually, its origins date back to the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries It was a typical dish for the villagers of Valencia’s Albufera region.
On the other hand, rice originally comes from China, although it arrived in Europe around 800 BC. A. What most people don’t actually know is that it was the Arabs who started breeding it in Spain.
What rice is best for paella?
Since the main ingredient of paella is rice, it is important to choose high quality rice for its preparation. It is best to use round rice, because it absorbs the flavor of all ingredients better. But if you do not know which variety to choose, we leave you a list of the most well-known rice dishes:
- Round rice: It is a rice that has a soft and juicy texture when cooked. It is also characterized by being an organically grown rice, often in the Natural Park of Albufera de Valencia. On the other hand, to prepare it on point, you should know that two servings of water are used for one rice. And as for the cooking time, usually does not exceed 15 minutes.
- Bomb rice: It is considered by many professional chefs to be the best rice for paella because it does not cake up as quickly as round rice and absorbs all the flavor of the sofrito. The optimum amount of cooking is 4 parts water to one rice. And cooking time is usually 18 minutes.
- Albufera rice: It is a variety that emerged in 2016 and is grown in the Albufera de Valencia Natural Park. It is a rice that is very similar to bomb rice. It is used with the same proportions of water and cooking time.
What ingredients does paella sauce need?
Before placing the meat, seafood and rice, you must prepare the paella sauce. for him, you just need:
- One medium onion.
- A big tomato. Much better if the tomatoes are peeled and ripe. If you don’t have natural tomatoes, you can always use a small can of crushed tomatoes.
- A peeled clove of garlic. This ingredient is optional, but it adds a unique touch to your sofrito.
- Green pepper cut into small cubes.
- One red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- green peas
The important thing is that the ingredients are well blended with the olive oil. To do this, make sure you have all the materials made. put the small pieces in your paella pan in the proper order.
The trick is to coat the bottom of the paella pan with extra virgin olive oil and place the ingredients on it. Make sure the base is completely covered, but not too crowded.
What order should you follow to make the best sauce?
You will need to chop the onion into very small cubes for the sauce to be full, juicy and full of flavor. Do the same with pepper and garlic. Next, put it in the paella pan with the oil over medium heat.
Once the onion starts to become transparent, it’s time to add the finely chopped tomatoes and peas. Mix all ingredients to prevent sticking. You’ll know they’ve arrived as the tomatoes turn black and discarded.
If you want to add cuttlefish or squid to your paella, you should chop it finely and add it to the paella pan while adding the tomato. It takes about 15 minutes to make a well-made sofrito.
How to create the best paella juice?
After preparing the sauce, it’s time to add the water to create the most delicious juice for your paella.
What many people don’t know is that paella pans come with some screws or rivets on the inside of the handles. This is how it is so the rice at its point, should be the full amount of water. So great chefs get the point by filling the paella pan with water until those screws are off.
Once you’ve filled your paella pan with water, it’s time to add salt, pepper, saffron and, if you like, a starlux tablet to add even more flavor. When the broth begins to boil, it will be time to add the rice. Consider that the exact measure of rice is two handfuls per person. If your hand is too big or too small, you can use a small cup of tea as a measure.
It’s important not to overdo it with the quantities, as the rice can cake up and lose all its texture and flavor. Therefore, before making your paella, we recommend that you choose a paella pan suitable for your guests.
If you follow these tips, you will see how to get an outstanding paella. Also if you want to surprise your guests, you can put 2 to 4 shrimps on the rice when there is little water. In this way, it will both cook and add an exquisite visuality to your paella.
What can accompany paella?
After preparing the paella, it’s time to serve it to your guests. So, if you want to make a positive point, prepare a few sauces such as:
- Chopped parsley, garlic and oil.
- Lemon in slices.
Let them choose the last accompaniment for your paella. What is it that you are no longer afraid of hosting guests at home?
You may also like…
Follow topics that interest you
#Sofrito #paella #fails #outstanding